Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My kitchen obsession...


Oh my I cannot believe how long it has been since I have blogged! Sorry for my slackness everyone, but I do have a valid excuse- I have been on holidays and my partner and I went to stay in the country for a week where there was no traffic, no mobile phone reception, no TV or computers....nothing to do except read my novel and flick through interior design mags! It was pure bliss- I grew up in the country and I definately think I will move back there one day as I get so frustrated with living in the city...the ratrace (everyone is always in such a rush!), the trafiic which seems to be getting worse everyday, the feeling of living on top of eachother ( I feel so cramped!). What I love most about the country is having so much space and waking up to the sound of ten different varieties of birds! Anyway it was a lovely week....and yes I am still obsessed with kitchens. Because I live in a very small flat, I have a very small kitchen, and this frustrates me, as everyone knows a kitchen is where you need the most space and storage! So I think that is why I keep drooling over beautiful kitchen images.....the top image is a copy of Dianne Keaton's kitchen in 'Something's Gotta Give' (best Hamptons kitchen ever!), and the second image I chose simply because it is lovely. I adore the green chairs and the hanging lights. I just know I will have a gorgeous kitchen like this someday! x x

4 comments:

Oliveaux said...

Beautiful kitchens! How wonderful to have a break in the country. The thought of no electronics while on holidays sounds very appealing. See you soon! Amanda x

cathypentonatelier said...

hey sweetie, i am a country girl to and know exactly what you mean, so glad you had a nice break... The chairs in the second image are gorgeous...I am just about to add you to my blog list, so sorry I haven't done that earlier I absolutely forgot...Too much going on in this head sometimes...Love Cathy xx

Ness Lockyer said...

I too live in the country and it is the best. We moved from the rat race that is Sydney, to our little patch of Heaven.
The Kitchens are divine Zoe.
Ness xx

lily-g said...

I'm hearing you Zoe,on Saturday a customer was in-store telling me she is moving to the country sick and tired of the city and to make matter worse Bangalow,I'm so jealous.In a few years I think that's going to be my plan too x