Saturday, October 10, 2009

'Hope Flies'



A couple of years ago I did a gallery painting of a girl with a butterfly on her shoulder, called 'Hope' (it's actually my profile picture....the little box top right!). I received so much positive feedback for it that I decided to do another one. I know I've used this same girl for a couple of previous paintings, but I just love how she looks as though she's walking and all of a sudden she stops and looks back over her shoulder, with her hair blowing in the breeze. Anyway I promise my next girl will be different! I'm really happy with the red/blue combination in this painting, and also how her dress and eye colour match the butterfly. I originally had blue in the background, then I painted over it with red, and I love how the blue still shows through... I think it gives the background depth. For me, butterflies signify hope and new beginnings...it seems I am inspired by anything with wings! I apologise for the quality of the photo.... the light wasn't quite right. Please stop by and say hi, I would love to know what you all think!

1 comment:

Iphigenia said...

i think it is beautiful....you should be so proud of your talents...wishing you a pleasant afternoon!!! : )