Sunday, September 7, 2008

Blue & White. . .




These images are from a fantastic book called 'Decorating with Blue and White' by Gail Abbott. How fresh and summery is a blue and white colour scheme?! It's as though the two colours were meant for eachother- such a classic pairing that never seems to date. The top image is of a beautiful old door in Marrakech. I have always had a bit of a thing for doors- what better place to make a statement than in the entrance of your home? This door definately achieves that- I love the signs of wear and tear and how the colour has faded to a mere wash of it's original cobalt blue. The second image is just heaven...oh how I wish I could just lie down on that bed and have a nap! The embroidered sheer fabric draped over the bed is simply stunning- it adds so much interest to an otherwise minimal room. An old cabinet in Cape Town, South Africa is seen in the third picture. The naturally weathered appearance of this piece really appeals to me....some people would want to immediately strip it down and re-paint it, but not me. I think it gives it so much more character, not to mention the historical value. The tattered window shutter near-by is also lovely. The final image- that wallpaper is to die for!!! The pattern is based on an 18th century french damask and oh my god I just adore it. It looks so divine paired with the neutral timber...love the exposed beams! What great inspirational images to start the new week off nicely x x

4 comments:

Ness Lockyer said...

Hi Zoe,
Thanks for stopping by Marley & Lockyer, and for inviting me to look at yours. I have read through your blog and can tell you are an Artist! You definately have the eye for it...I think this will do you well in your Interior Career (and your fabulous Mentor, Judy). I hope to talk with you soon. Cheers, Ness xx

Oliveaux said...

These are stunning images! Great post!! Amanda x

The House That A-M Built said...

Oh I so love blue and white. I think I will be doing the blue and white thing in my informal areas once I have a house.... still dirt though.... so I still have a while to scheme. I will pop in for a goss soon! A-M xx

cathypentonatelier said...

Hey Zoe, thanks for dropping by my blog...Working on your custom orders for the shop at the moment and then a nice big order of surprises for the shop next week...I so love doing it!!!!! Love the third photo in this post, very, very me!!!! Take care sweetie...Love Cathy xx