Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Finally finished!






Well I must say I was very relieved when this painting was done! This was a commission piece for a lady who owns a Beauty Salon. The Salon has been decorated in a very Asian/ Feng Shui theme, so my painting of course had to fit in with that. I probably would never do this style of painting by choice, but I'm glad I did because I was totally out of my comfort zone and it extended my boundaries as an artist! I really want to be one of those painters who can do a variety of different styles....the whole time I was asking myself 'Why on earth did I choose such a complicated, intricate pattern?' I do think the time and effort was well worth it though.....what do you think? I will post another picture soon of my next commission piece!

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh Zoe, it is beautiful! It's nice sometimes to be pushed outside your comfort zone, even though it doesn't feel so good at the time, you often suprise yourself at the end with a gorgeous painting at the end! Just like this!

cathypentonatelier said...

WOW!!!! This is so gorgeous!! You are an amazing artist!!!It will look amazing in a salon!!!Love Cath xx

Madeleine said...

This painting is absolutely gorgeous...stunning!

This is my first visit on your blog but I will be back

Unknown said...

What an accomplishment Zoe! You must feel so good about having created such a wonderfully detailed piece of artwork....clever girl. Can't wait to see more.**Smiles**Angela.

Ange said...

Beautiful. I am a calligrapher and it reminds me of the film "the Pillow Book." Congratulations on a stunning result...